You need time to find a suitable masonry contractor, but it is worth spending that time if you want better job to be done. Following are few tips that may be quite useful if you are searching for a good masonry contractor.
- If you are planning for brick restoration in London then it is essential that you should be very clear about the work. Usually, masonry contractors are specialists in certain specific work.
- Ask friends and other family members to send some reference. You can check on the internet too.
- Don’t appoint someone whom meets you first. You must meet at least a few of them and discuss with them about your project and then ask them to give their quote.
- You must ask them for reference and try to contact them to know whether they were satisfied with the work done by the contractor.
- Check from better business bureau to find out if anyone has ever complained against the contractor whom you are planning to appoint
- Ask the contractor to show his licence for carrying out the job. Licence will ensure that the contractor is knowledgeable about his job.
- Make sure that the contractor is fully insured and so are his other associates who will be working with him
- Prefer to choose a contractor not just by looking at his low-price quote, but the quality that he can offer.
Having chosen your contractor based on the above criteria, make a written agreement with the one with whom you are comfortable.