One thing that is indispensable in a kitchen is its countertop. Not only do they serve as a surface where all prepared food is kept, both hot and cold, they are also used for chopping vegetable. Upgrading an old kitchen or planning a new one needs you to give a thought about the kind of countertop you would want for your kitchen. Kitchen worktops are as purposeful as they are decorative.
If you are unable to decide on the kind of kitchen countertop you would prefer, a kitchen designer can help you with this task. Taking advice from a kitchen design expert would minimize your confusion, remove unnecessary hassle of running around for different countertop materials and also save you the research work. You will be able to consider styles and ideas that you might not have known existed before.
Before starting, a kitchen designer would need to know about the kind of kitchen worktops you are looking for. If you want something that is stylish and hardwearing at the same time, granite countertops are a great choice. They are solid, versatile and would last you for a long time.
If you have a budget constraint, your kitchen design expert might suggest you laminate countertops. They are easy to clean and maintain, yield a fresh look to the kitchen and offer a variety of colours and styles.
Taking the help of a kitchen design expert would also ease out the installation process since many design experts work closely with installation agencies and workman who would do the work efficiently and within a limited budget.
This article was provided by Marble & Granite Surfaces Ltd.
When it is about choosing a material for kitchen, bathroom or bar countertops, most individuals would prefer granite. The reason is simple, granite is durable and a perfect value for money option.
Granite is a natural stone and therefore its color and pattern cannot be matched by any other material. However, just like any other material, granite also has its own pros and cons. By learning about these positives and negatives of granite, you will be able to understand how to deal with kitchen worktop repairs if any arises.
Before we start, keep in mind that any material, even if it is as tough as granite, needs regular maintenance and care. So, make sure to look after your granite countertops to avoid expensive kitchen worktop repairs.
Pros of granite countertops:
- It does not depreciate in value.
- It adds value to your property.
- It is easy to maintain and clean granite countertops.
- Granite countertops are heat resistant and can easily take the heat of a pan.
- Granite countertops don’t get contaminated so sanitary bacterial contaminations aren’t an issue.
Cons of granite countertops:
- Granite countertop lasts forever. So, if you are bored of the same color and pattern, you will need to get it replaced, but there is nothing you can do to change its color.
- Once it is glued to cabinets, it is almost impossible to remove it without damaging the cabinets.
- Being a natural material, it comes in different patterns. So, if you want a uniform look, granite cannot deliver it.
- It is an expensive material and installation can also be pricey.
- If spills aren’t cleaned instantly, granite can get permanently stained.
So, here you go. Now you know enough about granite countertops and to make a more informed decision.