When it is about choosing a material for kitchen, bathroom or bar countertops, most individuals would prefer granite. The reason is simple, granite is durable and a perfect value for money option.
Granite is a natural stone and therefore its color and pattern cannot be matched by any other material. However, just like any other material, granite also has its own pros and cons. By learning about these positives and negatives of granite, you will be able to understand how to deal with kitchen worktop repairs if any arises.
Before we start, keep in mind that any material, even if it is as tough as granite, needs regular maintenance and care. So, make sure to look after your granite countertops to avoid expensive kitchen worktop repairs.
Pros of granite countertops:
- It does not depreciate in value.
- It adds value to your property.
- It is easy to maintain and clean granite countertops.
- Granite countertops are heat resistant and can easily take the heat of a pan.
- Granite countertops don’t get contaminated so sanitary bacterial contaminations aren’t an issue.
Cons of granite countertops:
- Granite countertop lasts forever. So, if you are bored of the same color and pattern, you will need to get it replaced, but there is nothing you can do to change its color.
- Once it is glued to cabinets, it is almost impossible to remove it without damaging the cabinets.
- Being a natural material, it comes in different patterns. So, if you want a uniform look, granite cannot deliver it.
- It is an expensive material and installation can also be pricey.
- If spills aren’t cleaned instantly, granite can get permanently stained.
So, here you go. Now you know enough about granite countertops and to make a more informed decision.